Friday 5 November 2010

Yang Du goes crazy for cartoons!

I am in LOVE with Yang Du's S/S 11 collection.

Yang Du is originally from North China, she came over to the UK nine years ago to study. She is now one of the most up and coming designers in London. Inspiration for her collection came from a trip to a toy factory when she was a little girl, it is bursting with colour, life and her most treasured memories.
Every piece of the collection has a story and unique connection to Yang herself. My favourite piece is the "dragon" like poncho above, is an imitation of her boyfriend when he is angry. I love how she expresses her self through her designs to capture memories and feelings in her own way. This makes me wonder how I would illustrate my boyfriend when he is angry?

With such a huge celebrity following already Yang Du is definitely one to watch.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment